1. Low density: The low density of plastics is of great […]
1. Low density: The low density of plastics is of great significance for reducing the weight of machinery and equipment and energy saving, especially for vehicles, ships, aircraft, and spacecraft.
2. High specific strength and specific rigidity: The absolute strength of plastic is not as high as that of metal, but the density of plastic is small, so the specific strength (σb / ρ) and specific stiffness (E / ρ) are quite high. Especially reinforced plastics made of various high-strength fibrous, flake and powdery metals or non-metals as fillers have higher specific strength and specific stiffness than metals.
3. Good chemical stability: Most plastics have good resistance to acids, alkalis, salts, water and gases. Under normal conditions, they do not react chemically with these substances.
4. Good electrical insulation, heat insulation and sound insulation performance.
5. Good abrasion resistance and self-lubrication: plastic has a small friction coefficient, good abrasion resistance, and good self-lubricity, coupled with high specific strength and low transmission noise, it can rub in liquid media, semi-dry or even dry Works effectively under conditions. It can be made into machine parts such as bearings, gears, cams and pulleys, which is very suitable for occasions with low speed and low load.
6. Strong bonding ability.
7. Good molding and coloring properties.